I am finding it difficult to have a personal relationship with God… What is it that I am doing wrong?
I took some time to answer this question because I kept thinking it was not a real question. But more like one similar to: My partner loves me, but I find it hard to be friendly, what am I doing wrong?
But just incase the one who asked it, really meant it as a serious question, let me ask you: What would you do if you wanted a relationship with an other person? Ignore him? Ofcourse not!
● Would you not take everything out of the way that could be an hindrance for that relationship?
○ So do the same for your relationship with God!
▪︎You know that your sins are in the way between you and God. So get rid of them!
• Repent of your sins
• Confess your sins to Jesus.
• Ask for forgiveness.
● Would you not spend time with the one you want a relationship with?
○ So do the same for your relationship with God! Spend time together.
• Take time to read your Bible, and don’t just quickly read a part, but study it, and meditate over it. For how would you ever get a relationship if you don’t listen to the other?
• Take time for prayer. For how would you ever get a relationship if you don’t talk to the other?
P.S.: Facebook doesn’t allow me anymore to share these Bible messages in groups (except my own). If you don’t want miss out on them, then join my group “The Worldwide Ekklesia” or follow me on Twitter: @schoemakerharry