There are Christian groups with close to, or even over a million members, and there are groups with only a handful of members.
Which one should you join?
Well I have been a member of those very large groups, and I thought that it could be positive, because a message in such a group could be read by hundreds of thousands at the same time.
Reality however was, that many of the admins in those groups did not allow my messages to enter, or removed them (not all) soon after they were published.
What they do allow however are messages like:
• To receive 100.000 type…..
• To receive a blessing share in x number of groups
• If you don’t share this to xx friends before tonight, you will be cursed
And questions like:
• I need to know why did God create Adam?
• I need to know why was David a shepherd?
• I need to know why are some Bible books named after their writers?
• I need to know why is satan bad?
• I need to know what if satan is good and all Christians are wrong?
• I need to know why was the creation done in 6 days? Could God not do it in one day? I thought he was powerful ??
• and hundreds more of these kind of questions which most of the time came from muslims and atheists.
Fact is that hundreds reacted to those messages.
Making the writer and the group more popular.
For weeks I posted messages in those groups and seldom the messages would reach the members. I know, that also in those groups are sincere Christians. But in those groups they are behind a kind of filter that they should not like, and which make it hard, if not impossible, to reach them.
Before you say that the pot blames the kettle it is black…
It is true. I am filtering the messages in my group too.
Messages like above are not allowed. And messages which are not biblical, or are tricking people to wrong thoughts will also not enter the group. Etc.
When you are in a Christian group, make sure you know what that group is all about. There are groups where the admins really want to lead you away from the broad way that leads you to hell, and there are (Christian) groups of which the admins don’t care what happens to you, as long as their group is growing!
This too is a matter of choice, which you have to take yourselves.