– Mr Schoemaker why are your messages always so negative?
– Every time I read your messages I get a nasty feeling from it. And this should not be like that should it?
– It seems you are condemning me while I should get a good feeling from a message of love don’t I?
To begin with, I don’t think my messages are negative at all, and I don’t have the impression that people experience them like that also.
When a road sign tells you to turn right to reach your destination, but you want to turn left because that road looks nicer, and you do so, and consequently did not reach your destination; Than you should not later blame the road sign for pointing you in the other direction, or the road for being less nice.
If you get a nasty feeling from it,
could it be that God is maybe trying to tell you something?
Could it be that you have to repent you of something? (Search your heart)
I know that the truth can be hard, but believe me these words are nothing compared to the words people will hear at the last judgment if they rejected Jesus.
2 Corinthians 5:10 tells us that We must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.
You are completely right it is a message of love. So much love that Jesus even laid down His life for you and me.
1 John 3:16 acknowledges that We know love by this, that He laid down His life for us; and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
I know that in many churches they preach a watered down gospel; ONLY speaking of RECEIVING love and all kinds of blessings. (see 2 Peter 2)
As a result many people DIDN’T REALLY REPENT of their sins but joined the “church” because they LIKE TO HAVE a good life and LOVE MONEY and EARTHLY possessions…
If you look for that, you will not find that with me because this is not what Jesus promised.
Instead of a luxurious life Jesus promised that “They will deliver you to tribulation, and will kill you, and you will be hated by all nations because of My name”. (Matthew 24:9)
May God help me to ALWAYS SPEAK THE TRUTH. Which means pointing the people to the CONSEQUENCES OF SIN and to the ONLY WAY OF REDEMPTION. As the eternal is of much higher value than the temporal.
Like Paul wrote to the Philippians (3:8) I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ.
The gospel is NOT that you can have a life in LUXURY; the gospel is that JESUS DIED FOR YOUR SINS to set you FREE and SAVE you from hell.
In Isaiah 53:4-8 we read of Jesus:
(4) Surely our griefs He Himself bore, And our sorrows He carried; Yet we ourselves esteemed Him stricken, Smitten of God, and afflicted. (5) But He was pierced through FOR OUR TRANSGRESSIONS, He was crushed FOR OUR INIQUITIES; The chastening FOR OUR WELL-BEING fell upon Him, And by His scourging WE ARE HEALED (from sin).
(6) All of us like sheep have GONE ASTRAY, Each of us has turned to his OWN WAY; But the Lord has caused the INIQUITY of us all To FALL ON HIM. (7) He was OPPRESSED and He was AFFLICTED, Yet He did not open His mouth; Like a LAMB THAT IS LED TO SLAUGHTER, And like a sheep that is silent before its shearers, So He did not open His mouth.
(8) By OPPRESSION and JUDGMENT He was taken away; And as for His generation, who considered That He was cut off out of the land of the living For the TRANSGRESSION of my people, to whom the stroke was due?
That is the message I bring, and I hope and pray that God will touch the hearts of at least some, so they will LEAVE THE BROAD WAY with all its worldly pleasures, and FOLLOW JESUS AND GO THE NARROW WAY.
Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. (Matthew 7:13)
While doing this I experience that satan and his followers DON’T LIKE THIS at all.
They have closed their unfeeling heart, With their mouth they speak proudly. (Psalms 17:10)
But I KNOW MY FUTURE DESTINATION, and I know satan’s future destination as well, and I’m not willing to share his future with him.
So, yes, I want you all on that narrow way with me, following Jesus to His Kingdom.