Recently a young man said to me “I don’t know if I will still continue talking about Jesus, for it seems nobody accepts God’s word, and it seems people only hate me for it”
Let me encourage you. I do have the same experience and you know, it doesn’t seem people hate you. They really do! I know and experience that many people hate me for pointing at Jesus. And satan, his demons and all those who belong to him, hate me like hell for continuing to call people to repentance.
Although it seems now that all you do is done for nothing, in the end there will be a harvest. At the end of time when Jesus returns with His legions of angels there will be a harvest and you may be surprised what your share was in it.
Think about what Jesus Himself told us. We can read it in Matthew 13:3-8:
(3) Behold, THE SOWER WENT OUT to sow;
(4) and as HE SOWED, some seeds fell BESIDE THE ROAD, and the birds came and ate them up.
(5) Others fell on the ROCKY PLACES, where they did not have much soil; and immediately they sprang up, because they had no depth of soil. (6) But when the sun had risen, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.
(7) Others fell AMONG THE THORNS, and the thorns came up and choked them out.
(8) And others fell on the GOOD SOIL and YIELDED A CROP, some a hundredfold, some sixty, and some thirty.
Let me ask you: “What would have happened if the sower would have stopped sowing to chase the birds away, or what, if he would have spent his time with the stones and the thorns?”
Instead the sower continued and in the end he had a harvest.
In Matthew 13:15 we hear Jesus say:
The heart of this people has become dull, With their ears they scarcely hear, And they have closed their eyes, Otherwise they would see with their eyes, Hear with their ears, And understand with their heart and return, And I would heal them.
What was true for those days is certainly also true for our days.
Many are neglecting the Gospel. They think they hear, but are deaf; they think they see, but they are blind.
They really need to be called and chosen by God to be able to hear and see. And as l don’t know who they are, I invite all, and I wish others would do the same, for there are many labourers needed.
The Sower Explained
(19) When anyone hears the word of the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what has been sown in his heart. This is the one on whom seed was sown beside the road.
Some people to whom you speak about the Gospel just seem not to be able to understand what you are saying. Some others do understand you very well but act as if they don’t. So they can hide behind it to postpone their decision. But such a delayed decision can cause people to loose it completely.
(20) The one on whom seed was sown on the rocky places, this is the man who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy; (21) yet he has no firm root in himself, but is only temporary, and when affliction or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he falls away.
People who accept the Gospel and start following the Lord must be rooted firmly in God’s word so they become strong.
(22) And the one on whom seed was sown among the thorns, this is the man who hears the word, and the worry of the world and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful.
Special these days people are confronted with the confusion of the so called “prosperity gospel”.
This is not the Gospel!
It is not showing the riches that we have in Christ Jesus, but only tell people about earthly gains. And feed the lust for the love of money and earthly possessions.
The Gospel has the emphasis on completely different things than what those people want you to believe.
(23) And the one on whom seed was sown on the good soil, this is the man who hears the word and understands it; who indeed bears fruit and brings forth, some a hundredfold, some sixty, and some thirty.
I’m glad the seed is also falling in good soil. This will give your and my Father a harvest in the end.
(10) For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, And do not return there without WATERING THE EARTH And making it BEAR and SPROUT, And furnishing SEED TO THE SOWER and BREAD TO THE EATER; (10) So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; IT WILL NOT RETURN TO ME EMPTY, Without ACCOMPLISHING WHAT I DESIRE, And without SUCCEEDING in the matter for which I sent it.
So if you are working in God’s fields. Take new strength and courage from Him and continue sowing. And if you are not yet working in His field, ask God what He has for you to do.