Matthew 11:16 AV
But whereunto shall I liken this generation?
It is like unto children sitting in the markets,
and calling unto their fellows,
- If a Christian be reserved in his habits and a lover of retirement, they describe him as narrow and ungenial.
- If a Christian be frank and accessible, they shake their heads over his worldliness and inordinate love of society.
He is never quite right in their eyes.
- He is too strict or too yielding;
- too gloomy or too happy;
- too cautious or too bold;
- too shrewd or too simple.
Let not such judgments of men disconcert or discourage any who with an honest heart endeavour to be true to the Christ.
□ ■ □
Read more of these messages at: https://devotionals.harryschoemaker.nl
Download your Bible pictures from: http://bijbelplaatjes.nl
Follow me on Twitter: @schoemakerharry