1 Timothy 6:5
These arguers – their minds warped by sin – don’t know how to tell the truth; TO THEM THE GOOD NEWS IS JUST A MEANS OF MAKING MONEY. Keep away from them.
It is a pity, and actually a terrible thing, but this counts these days also for many ministers. They are in the pulpit, but they don’t know how to tell you the truth. Or actually, and that is even worse, many of them know, but they don’t WANT to tell you the truth, because their story, their theology, delivers them quite some money.
Telling the truth is NOT REALLY POPULAR, and if you want popularity, the choice can soon be made. So ministers like these are NOT doing their work, they are NOT interested in the well-being of their flock, and they are NOT interested in what the Bible really says.
They do NOT think about the fact, that THEY TOO will stand someday before the great white judgement throne, and that they will have to GIVE ACCOUNT for the souls they lost.
Those who know the least, and are often also the most proud.
• A house must be a multi million mansion, or better still, a few of those mansions. Plus ofcourse personnel, and gardeners etc, to keep everything tidy. Why live in a house when you can live in a palace? Why not the (poor) church members will pay for it anyway.
• Transportation must be the most expensive car, or better still, an aircraft, or still better, a few aircrafts.
• And clothes can ofcourse, only be handmade, from the best tailors. Ofcourse a suit cannot be bought below 2.000,- dollars.
And their wives ofcourse must have similar materials.
And this all, not seldom, while their “church members” are poor, or just above that.
And of course they love to show their titles. For they really are somebody (they think).
Between these men of corrupt and carnal minds, and their coworkers, you will also, often see envy, strife, disputes, etc. because they, ignorant of the truth, and its sanctifying power, are just seeking worldly advantages.
When you are going to a “church” where the members have problems to meet the ends financially, while the pastor lives in abundance of the “gifts” of the congregation, this should be a red flag for you.
What to do? My advice is RUN !!!
Note that I’m not saying that the pastor is not allowed to receive an ordinary income, but what we are seeing these days, really is over the top.
Worst of all is that the people in those “churches” are spiritually starving, for they get no spiritual food. What they hear is a watered down gospel, which in fact is not the Gospel.
While their ministers very well know that the Bible says in Galatians 1:8-9: ” ⁸But though we, or AN ANGEL FROM HEAVEN, preach ANY OTHER GOSPEL unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be ACCURSED. ⁹As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach ANY OTHER GOSPEL unto you than that ye have received, let him be ACCURSED”. (KJV)
Many of those congregations may never have heard a sermon that warns them for the dangerous life they are living…
Many will never hear a warning of the reality of hell…
But, that this is happening, that many of those who attend those meetings, are on their way to hell, is NOT ONLY to blame on their “pastors”!
For isn’t this exactly what they want?
• They like to hear that ALL IS WELL
• They like to hear that EARTHLY BLESSINGS are waiting for them
• They like to hear that they will be RICH
• They like to hear that that BEAUTIFUL HOUSE, or that EXPENSIVE CAR is in reach for them.
What they don’t like to hear is
• that they have to REPENT OF THEIR SINS
• that they have to CHANGE THEIR WAY OF LIFE and
• that they are on their way to HELL if they don’t.
So THEY STAY in those “churches”, and THEY STAY with those “pastors”, expecting that they will RECEIVE what they WANT, and what was PROMISED to them. In meantime their “pastors” get RICHER AND RICHER, while they get POORER AND POORER. If not directly FINANCIALLY, then for sure SPIRITUALLY.
The verse I started with (1 Timothy 6:5) gives you the best possible advice, which is, to “STAY AWAY FROM THEM”.