The Bible tells us in 2 Peter 3:3-9 that the day of the Lord is coming. And that in those last days there will be people mocking and saying “Where is the promise of His coming? Ever since the beginning all just continuing”
And that in those last days there will be people who are following after their own lusts.
Isn’t this what we see these days?
But like the people in the days of Noah, they they too will only realize that the time of their destruction has arrived when it is too late for the present heavens and earth are being reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.
That this still didn’t happen is only because the Lord is very patient and because He doesn’t want anyone to perish but for that all come to repentance.
Read now how this is written in the Bible:
2 Peter 3:3-9
(3) Know this first of all, that IN THE LAST DAYS MOCKERS WILL COME with their mocking, FOLLOWING AFTER THEIR OWN LUSTS, (4) and saying, “WHERE IS THE PROMISE of His coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all continues just as it was from the beginning of creation.”
(5) For when they maintain this, IT ESCAPES THEIR NOTICE that by the word of God the heavens existed long ago and the earth was formed out of water and by water, (6) through which the world at that time was destroyed, being flooded with water.
(7) But by His word the present heavens and earth are being RESERVED FOR FIRE, KEPT FOR THE DAY OF JUDGMENT and DESTRUCTION OF UNGODLY MEN.
(8) But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord ONE DAY IS LIKE A THOUSAND YEARS, and a THOUSAND YEARS LIKE ONE DAY.
(9) THE LORD IS NOT SLOW about His promise, as some count slowness, but (He) is PATIENT TOWARD YOU, not wishing for any to PERISH but for all to COME TO REPENTANCE