The need of a physician 4/4
Matthew 9:12 NASB
But when Jesus heard this, He said,
It is not those who are healthy
who need a physician,
but those who are sick.
Why did Jesus associate with sinners?
Because we need him to associate with us!
What’s the most crucial part of that truth:
Jesus’ desire to save, or our recognition of our sinfulness?
Of course the most crucial part is Jesus’ desire to save because without Him, recognizing our sinfulness would only lead to despair.
But without recognizing our need for His grace, His sacrifice for us is lost.
So let’s praise Jesus as our loving and sacrificial Savior,
but let’s also acknowledge our need for His merciful and mighty grace!
- Praise God for providing Jesus as your Savior.
- Confess to God that you are struggling with sin.
- Tell God that you want it completely out of your life, but that you realize that you cannot get rid of its constant shadow and its penetrating stain yourself.
- Tell God that you need His grace, and the sacrifice of Jesus, to be able to stand before Him as His child.
- Ask God to forgive me for the following sins … (confess your sins to Him)