And when he sowed,
some [seeds] fell by the way side,
and the fowls came and devoured them up
The birds devour the truth we neglect to cover. Let us study these birds.
1. The first belongs to the heron species, having long legs, a long bill, broad strong wings, and an eye keen as an eagle’s, yet filmy at times, which causes serious mistakes.
This is the bird of intellectual scepticism. It delays your acceptance of the truth with all kinds of questions.
2. There is another bird. of dirty and ruffled feathers, a nondescript, but a hearty eater of the seed dropped by the wayside.
It is evil associations. They neutralize the influences of the Spirit of God.
3. There is the muscular bird with curved beak that holds like a vice.
It is a moth eater of the falcon order, and ravenous, evil habits, and belongs to a large family.
4. There is a bird of bad odour. Carrion drops from feather and from bill. It is of the buzzard tribe.
Let us call it the inconsistencies of Christian professors.
5. There is a dull and heavy bird, not easily seared away, of the booby order.
It is religious indecision.
All these hinder our salvation.
□ ■ □
Read more of these messages at: https://devotionals.harryschoemaker.nl
Download your Bible pictures from: http://bijbelplaatjes.nl