We gave many sins a different name, and by giving it an other name, we started to believe that it is no sin anymore. But the reality is that God will not hold you less guilty, just because you put a different label on it..!
▪︎ We, as a nation and personally, need to repent and return to God.
▪︎ We need forgiveness and we need to seek God’s direction and guidance !
Washing our hands in innocence, like Pilate did when he sent Jesus to the cross, is not enough. We need to repent of our sins..!
• The Bible says: “Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil”,
but that is exactly what we have done.
• We have lost our spiritual balance and reversed our values.
• We have ridiculed the absolute truth given to us in the Bible and labeled it Pluralism.
• We have worshipped other gods and labeled it multiculturalism.
• We have endorsed perversion and labeled it an alternative lifestyle.
• We have exploited the poor and labeled it the lottery.
• We have rewarded laziness and labeled it welfare.
• We have killed our unborn and labeled it choice.
• We have neglected to discipline our children and labeled it building self-esteem.
• We have abused power and labeled it politics.
• We have stolen from public funds and labeled it essential expenses.
• We have institutionalized bribery and labeled it sweets of office.
• We have coveted our neighbor’s possessions and labeled it ambition.
• We have polluted the air with profanity and labeled it freedom of speech.
• We have polluted the world with pornography and labeled it freedom of expression.
• We have ridiculed the time-honored values of our forefathers and labeled it enlightenment.
• We don’t want our children to lie, but we do it ourselves, and say that this is okay, because we labeled it politics.
• We don’t allow child abuse, but we do allow child murder, if it is labeled abortion.
• We don’t allow murder, but we do allow it, if it is labeled euthanasia.
Let us be honest..!
Are we all not doing exactly the same?
Do we not all stand guilty?
▪︎ If you put a different label on sin, it doesn’t change its dirty character.
▪︎ It is still sin, and God will keep you accountable!
Let us pray that God searches our hearts, and cleanses us from every sin and set us completely free.