Blessed are those who hunger
and thirst for righteousness,
for they shall be satisfied.
Do you know what it is to be hungry, or thirsty?
Many of us don’t know real hunger and thirst as we have food and drink every day, more than once a day. With that we are blessed above a lot of others in the world!
Did you know that you can also be hungry and thirsty with your head and with your heart? You can eat as much bread, or drink water, as you like, but still your feeling of hunger and thirst remains.
Jesus speaks in this verse about people who are hungry, and thirsty for righteousness.
Well, if you look around, you will see that there is almost nowhere righteousness in the world.
There is only injustice. Especially for the weak, the poor, the orphans, the persecuted.
It is just not fair!
- You may also have that feeling sometimes.
- And maybe you would like it very much that this situation changed.
- You would love to see materials better distributed in the world.
- You would love to see more righteousness and no more injustice.
All the injustice makes you long for a just world.
You can be longing for righteousness, just like that moment when you really long for a glass of cold water on a hot afternoon.
- Pray that God will give love and justice in the hearts of people.
× 0 ×