The cruise ship was still laying in the harbor, ready to sail.
Most people on board were just finished unpacking the the the things they thought they would need during the voyage to Canada.
- The cruise ship in this story is the world, that is on its way to its destination. The people on the ship are the people on this world, who are thinking that they are ready for their life on this world.
John, a security agent, was ready too, and was now exploring the ship.
Not that he expected problems, but he wanted to know where, in case of an emergency, people could board the lifeboats, where on the ship the lifesavers were stored, what the fastest route to them was from his cabin, and what alternative routes were to reach them. He just wanted to be prepared for the unexpected.
- John in this story is any born again Christian. They will be careful, and find for themselves and for others the way to life, when all the world can offer is death. Christians will prepare themselves for whatever may be coming, and know the way to eternal life.
Once the ship was at sea, John was socializing with the other passengers, and after a few days he had pointed out to almost all passengers where in case of an emergency the lifeboats and lifesavers were, and urged them to look for the quickest way to reach them from their cabin.
- While the world is on its course to its eternal destination, born again Christians all over the world are pointing people to their only way of salvation, and are urging people to read their Bibles.
The crew of the Ship didn’t like him to talk about this to the passengers, and so did many passengers. And when they started to complain about this to the personnel of the ship, the crew started to warn him, not to talk about it anymore.
They already gave him a few warnings, as it was not to him, to inform the passengers. He should leave that to the crew of the ship. But he kept informing people about the way how they could get to safety, incase an emergency occurred.
- When you, as a born again Christian, are pointing others to the Christ as the only way of life, you will experience that many pastors don’t like that. And when members of the church, were you are going, start complaining about your activities in telling the people to turn away from religion and turn to the Christ, the pastors may even decide to throw you out of ‘their’ church. Yes their church, for if it would have been Christ’s church, they would welcome your activities.
Then after a few days a problem arose. The ship struck an iceberg and the ship was making water.
- Yes, problems will arise, when people leave their God. A ship belongs in the water, but woe the ship, when the water comes into the ship. In the same way we belong on this earth, but woe unto us, when we let the world, with all its filth, pleasures, and entertainment come into us. Suddenly something may happen that shakes the whole world.
Remembering what happened to the Titanic, some people started to panic, but there was no reason for that, for there were enough lifesavers and lifeboats for all passengers. Shipping companies had learned something from that disaster.
People who had listened to John, started to move towards the lifeboats, and wearing a lifesaver they left the ship.
- When that sudden thing happens, people will remember what happened before in a similar situation, and they will be scared. And be panicking, showing behavior which is strange, and often illogical for the situation. However, those who accepted the message of the Gospel, knew where to find salvation, and because they acted on the Gospel, that was preached to them, they will be saved for eternity.
The crew of the ship let them go, but said that it was absolutely not necessary to leave the ship. All could stay aboard. They convinced the people that ships these days were much different from ships like the Titanic, and much safer than they had ever been. There was nothing to worry about.
To make sure the passengers would not feel worried they arranged different shows to play. People could go to cabaret, there was an orchestra playing, a famous DJ was entertaining the youth, on top of that they could choose from different movies, and even a well known preacher decided to have a christian feast. And further.., it was business as usual.
- When God is bringing His own into safety the world cannot do anything to stop them on their way to glory.
- The rulers of this world will tell you what to do, and what not to do.
- You are crazy if you go into that lifeboat. And they will convince many to continue living as they always did. Don’t think of previous situations. That was then, we are now much more developed and educated than in those days.
- And the world will give them, who did not listen to the Gospel, all kinds of distractions, and entertainment, so they will not think of their destination anymore. Yes this is even happening inside churches!
In meantime John kept calling on the passengers to board the lifeboats and leave the ship. But this only caused him to be mocked. He, and those who left the ‘safety’ of the ship were crazy in their eyes. The crew would know better than him. He didn’t even have an education in anything that had somewhat to do with shipping.
- The born again Christians, who take their faith seriously, are still calling out to the people on this world, although they are just being mocked. People don’t believe them, because they put their trust in their government, or in the churches in those who have studied, and received degrees.
At last, seeing that no one else was coming, John also left the ship.
When the lifeboats were on some distance, they could hear the laughter of those who were enjoying themselves at the cabaret, moments later the sounds of the christian meeting could be heard. They really had a feast going on. And then the sounds of classical music mixed with the sounds of the young ones that were entertained by the DJ.
- There will be a moment, that the true message will not sound anymore. Now there is already a lot of it, but there will be a moment, that there will only be preached what people like to hear.
- Those who didn’t bring the church to the streets, but instead brought the world inside the church, may have a good feeling during their meetings, but they are still celebrating themselves on a sinking ship.
Some on board of the lifeboats started to wonder if they really made the right decision to leave the ship, for all those other people seemed to have a great time, while they were sitting here, and were not quiet comfortable.
But John assured them that it was the right choice, and that a ship that was going to pick them up was on its way to them. In fact it was already near.
- True Christians may temporarily be in an uncomfortable situation, and hear of the fun and entertainment the others have. They may even have their moments of doubt. But stay on board of the lifeboat. Your salvation is very near!
Then a loud sound echoed over the water. When people looked in the direction were it came from, they could just see the last part of the ship disappear under water.
When they were picked up by the ship that came to rescue them, they still sailed to were the ship last was seen, but besides some rubbish there was no sign that there had ever been a ship. All was gone, and all who said they were fools had died.
- One moment, completely unexpected for those who did not believe, it all will come quickly to an end. And all who did not prepare for Christ’s return, all who did not repent, will die in their sin.
And now I want to ask you an important question. Who are you in this story?
▪︎ Are you a “John”, a born again Christian, who is warning the world for what is coming?
▪︎ Are you one of those who listened to a “John” and will be saved?
▪︎ Are you one of those who called a “John” a fool?
▪︎ Are you one of the crew who gave the people a false trust in worldly knowledge?
▪︎ Are you one of those entertainers who were deluding people away from their salvation?
▪︎ Or maybe you are even the false pastor, who gave the misled ‘christians’, only a good feeling, instead of pointing them to their only source of salvation.
If you are still not following the Christ, I call on you again.
Repent of your sins and start following the Christ now.
At this moment. You don’t know if you can still do it later.
The world today is in turmoil, millions live in fear.
Jesus is offering you peace, rest, and an eternal life.
Don’t wait till your last chance on salvation has passed!
Sharing of these messages is highly appreciated.
Read more of these messages at:
like my page “The Worldwide Ekklesia” at:
Lees meer van deze berichten op:
like mijn pagina “De Wereldwijde Ekklesia” op:
BILINGUAL / TWEETALIG
follow me on Twitter / Volg mij op Twitter: @schoemakerharry
or join my group / of sluit aan op mijn groep:
“What the Bible says (ex Ekklesia)”