Why should I follow Jesus as you say? I just follow my instincts and traditions, and believe me, it gives me a good FEELING!
● A first reason is that Jesus himself said in Matthew 10:38
“And he who does not TAKE HIS CROSS and FOLLOW AFTER ME is not worthy of Me”.
● A second reason is that your instincts, and traditions, will easily MISLEAD you.
○ Your instincts, and TRADITIONS WILL NOT SAVE you, only the BLOOD OF JESUS Christ does.
As we read in Romans 5:9
“Much more then, having now been JUSTIFIED BY HIS BLOOD, WE SHALL BE SAVED from the wrath of God through Him”.
And in Hebrews 10:19 “Therefore, brethren, since we have confidence to enter the holy place BY THE BLOOD of Jesus”
○ Instincts and traditions will tell some it is okay to pray to statues, while God in His Holy Word forbids us to do so.
Exodus 20:4-5 – ⁴ “You shall NOT make for yourself an IDOL, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth. ⁵YOU SHALL NOT WORSHIP THEM or SERVE THEM; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, on the third and the fourth generations of those WHO HATE ME
○ Traditions will tell some to pray to there forefathers, while God in His Holy Word forbids us to do so.
You shall have NO OTHER GODS before Me.
○ Traditions will tell some to go church on ash Wednesday to get an cross painted on their forehead to receive atonement for their sins. While the Bible clearly teaches us that only Jesus’s death at Calvary’s cross brings us atonement.
In Him we have REDEMPTION THROUGH HIS BLOOD, the FORGIVENESS of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace
○ Your instincts and traditions will lead you on the BROAD WAY with all kinds of worldly pleasures, and in the end lead you STRAIGHT TO HELL.
Enter through the NARROW GATE; for the gate is WIDE and the way is BROAD that leads to DESTRUCTION, and there are MANY who enter through it.
Neglecting the COMMANDMENT OF GOD, you hold to the TRADITION OF MEN.
But when you follow Jesus, He will lead you on the narrow way which leads you to life.
For the gate is SMALL and the WAY IS NARROW that leads to LIFE, and there are FEW who find it.
▪︎You are of great value to Him.
▪︎He gave His life for you.
▪︎He payed the price for your sins, so you CAN enter into His Kingdom.
That is why YOU SHOULD FOLLOW JESUS and not your own feelings or instinct, or tradition.
I tell you this AGAIN, because Jesus doesn’t want to you to be lost. He loves you and wants you with Him in His Kingdom.
Father, I DESIRE that they also, whom You have given Me, BE WITH ME where I am, so that they may see My glory which You have given Me, for You loved Me before the foundation of the world.
Sad enough there are people who WILL NOT LISTEN to His calls and warnings. Who, regardless of the CONSEQUENCES, stubbornly continue on their OWN way.
DON’T BE ONE OF THEM!!