- We, as a nation and personally, need to repent and return to God.
- We need forgiveness and we need to seek God’s direction and guidance.
- The Bible says: “Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil”, but that is exactly what we have done. We have lost our spiritual equilibrium and reversed our values.
- We have ridiculed the absolute truth given to us in the Bible and called it Pluralism.
- We have worshipped other gods and called it multiculturalism.
- We have endorsed perversion and called it an alternative lifestyle.
- We have exploited the poor and called it the lottery.
- We have rewarded laziness and called it welfare.
- We have killed our unborn and called it choice.
- We have neglected to discipline our children and called it building self-esteem.
- We have abused power and called it politics.
- We have embezzled public funds and called it essential expenses.
- We have insitutionalised bribery and called it sweets of office.
- We have coveted our neighbor’s possessions and called it ambition.
- We have polluted the air with profanity and pornography and called it freedom of expression.
- We have ridiculed the time-honored values of our forefathers and called it enlightenment.
Let us pray that God searches our hearts, and cleanses us from every sin and set us free
This was prayed in Kansas, USA, by minister Joe Wright at the opening session of their Senate. When he prayed this some walked out in protest and it seems the prayer still upsets some people.