Christ the Pearl of Great Price 5/5
Again, the kingdom of heaven
is like unto a merchant man,
seeking goodly pearls
A Great Bargain — C. H. Spurgeon.
The merchant man
I. WATCH HIM WHILE HE IS SEEKING.
1. He has his mind aroused and engaged. His heart is in his business.
2. He has a fixed definite object. He has given himself to pearl hunting.
3. He had an object which was not at all commonplace. Other people might go for stones, he for pearls.
4. He sought them with diligence.
5. He used discrimination at the same time.
6. He went into the business with moderate expectations.
II. His FINDING.
1. This find was a remarkable one.
2. He found all in one.
3. He was resolved that he would have it.
III. His SELLING OUT.
1. Sell out old prejudices.
3. Sinful pleasures.
IV. THE BUYING.
1. An immediate purchase.
2. A joyful one.
3. An enriching one.
4. A final purchase.
5. A purchase he never regretted.
□ ■ □
Read more of these messages at: https://devotionals.harryschoemaker.nl
Download your Bible pictures from: http://bijbelplaatjes.nl