My name is N.N. from South Africa.
I have been following your social media platforms for almost 2 years now, and I am very inspired at how you answer biblical questions and how the work that you do helps expand the kingdom of God.
I have been addicted to pornography for years now 😢.
It was 2 years ago that I gave my life to Christ and found out that it is a very dangerous sin.
No one knows this about me.
I cannot share this with just anyone because I feel that I will be judged.
Since then I have been battling to overcome it but I have not succeeded.
It is as if the more I press on is the more that the opposing side gets stronger.
I am now in a place where I am starting to give up my walk in faith.
I no longer feel the Holy Spirit.
I feel all alone and empty inside.
I sometimes fear that God is going to end my life because I have sinned too much.
Plz help. 🙏🏾 What should I do?
Let us first look at What does the Bible says about pornography.
These days the most searched for terms on the internet are by far related to pornography. Pornography really is rampant in the world today. Perhaps more than anything else.
This is because we as people have allowed satan to twist and pervert sex.
We allowed him to take what is good and right (loving sex between a husband and wife) and replaced it with lust, pornography, adultery, rape, and homosexuality.
Pornography can be the first step on a very slippery slope of ever-increasing wickedness and immorality (Romans 6:19). The addictive nature of pornography is well documented. Just as a drug user must consume greater quantities of drugs or more powerful drugs to achieve the same “high,” pornography drags a person deeper and deeper into hard-core sexual addictions and ungodly desires.
The three main categories of sin are the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life (1 John 2:16).
▪︎ Pornography definitely causes us to lust after flesh, and it is undeniably a lust of the eyes.
▪︎ Pornography definitely does not qualify as one of the things we are to think about, according to Philippians 4:8.
▪︎ Pornography is addictive (1 Corinthians 6:12; 2 Peter 2:19)
▪︎ Pornography is destructive (Proverbs 6:25-28; Ezekiel 20:30; Ephesians 4:19).
▪︎ Lusting after other people in our minds, which is the essence of pornography, is offensive to God (Matthew 5:28).
When habitual devotion to pornography characterizes a person’s life and he/she continues in sin without seeking help, making no attempt to stop or feeling no desire to change his/her behavior, it demonstrates the person may not be saved (1 Corinthians 6:9-12).
For those involved in pornography, God can and will give the victory.
Are you involved with pornography and desire freedom from it? Here are some steps to victory:
- Confess your sin to God (1 John 1:9).
- Ask God to cleanse, renew, and transform your mind (Romans 12:2).
- Ask God to fill your mind with things that are true, honorable, just, pure, lovely, and commendable (Philippians 4:8).
- Learn to possess your body in holiness (1 Thessalonians 4:3-4).
- Understand the proper meaning of sex and rely on your spouse alone to meet that need (1 Corinthians 7:1-5).
- Realize that if you walk in the Spirit, you will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh (Galatians 5:16).
- Take practical steps to reduce your exposure to graphic images.
- Install pornography blockers on your computer.
- Limit television and video usage,
- and find another Christian who will pray for you and help keep you accountable.
To be continued