How does your silent time look like?
One person told me that his silent time lasted for one to two hours depending on how much he had to ask from God.
An other told me that he usually prayed for half an hour followed by 15 to 30 minutes of praise.
When I asked about Bible reading they told me that they seldom did, or randomly a small piece.
If you are doing it like this, I can tell you:
• You are completely missing the purpose of drawing near to God, if you use that time with Him ONLY as a prayer time.
• You are completely missing the purpose of drawing near to God, when YOU do all the TALKING, and forget there must be time for LISTENING as well.
Your silent time should contain your prayers, that is correct, but it should also contain time to READ YOUR BIBLE, time to LET GOD SPEAK to you.
• You love Jesus, and you’re longing for the day of His return,
• You desperately want to leave this present time, to be with Him.
• You want Him so much, and so near.
• You love Him so much, that sometimes you loose eye for the reality. The reality that you can NOW , on the place WHERE YOU ARE, can have that kind of CLOSE CONTACT with Him.
When praying, so many want to do it loud, so all can hear, so many want to write their prayers on the Internet, so all can read, but what about going into the secret closet, where you can be alone with your Lord?
Remember what is written in Matthew 6:5-8.
⁵When you pray, you are NOT to be LIKE THE HYPOCRITES; for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and on the street corners SO THAT THEY MAY BE SEEN by men. Truly I say to you, THEY HAVE THEIR REWARD IN FULL. ⁶But you, when you pray, go into your INNER ROOM, close your door and pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees what is DONE IN SECRET will reward you. ⁷And when you are praying, do NOT use MEANINGLESS REPETITION as the Gentiles do, for they suppose that they will be heard for their many words. ⁸So DO NOT BE LIKE THEM; for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him.
• If you don’t give Him time,
• if you don’t take time to read your Bible,
• if you don’t want to listen to Him, so He can speak to you from His word, to answer every question you may have, and show you the steps that you need to take, you start to MISS OUT ON HIS GUIDANCE.
He wants to speak to you, about THE SITUATION IN YOUR DEEPEST INNER SELF. But you just want to RECEIVE the things that you WANT for your outside. And when you don’t IMMEDIATELY receive what you want, you start DOUBTING Him.
Listen very closely now,
• WHENEVER you are, or come into a situation where YOU CANNOT figure things out, when you come to the Father, HE IS GOING TO HELP YOU !
• WHENEVER there’s a PROBLEM and CONFUSION, bring the case to your HEAVENLY LAWYER !
• WHENEVER there’s a STORM raging in your heart, bring Jesus on the sea in your heart, and let YOUR MIND be FOCUSED ON JESUS ALONE !
After you prayed,
• First be QUIET,
• silence your STREAM OF PRAYERS,
• and TRUST that it is IN HIS HANDS now.
• Then begin to WORSHIP Jesus,
• Begin to EXPRESS YOUR LOVE for Him,
• Begin to PRAISE THE FATHER,
• Begin to TALK TO HIM, heart to heart.
But ALWAYS take time to read your Bible
ALWAYS when you bring Jesus to the FOREFRONT, the devil has to flee.
God IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES will solve your problem, or BE WITH YOU, and GO WITH YOU, and HELP YOU through the situation.
Whatever you do, remember, IT IS ALL ABOUT JESUS.