For some it is never good
For some it is never good, and so they keep, stubborn as they are, following their own way.
(16) “But to what shall I compare this generation? It is like children sitting in the market places, who call out to the other children, (17) and say, ‘We played the flute for you, and you did not dance; we sang a dirge, and you did not mourn.’
(18) For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, ‘He has a demon!’ (19) The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, ‘Behold, a gluttonous man and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!’ Yet wisdom is vindicated by her deeds.”
These days are STILL THE SAME.
When I spoke a few months ago about Jesus birth, people said “Why don’t you say anything about how He died for us. Is that because you don’t know? You really need to read your Bible!”
When I during Easter spoke of the sacrifice which He did for us, people said: “The fact that you say nothing about the parables shows us that you have no rights to teach us anything for you don’t know yourself!”
And when I spoke of the parables the reaction was that I should not have used the stories to call for repentance.
In 2.000 years MANY HAVE STILL NOT LEARNED.
After these verses Jesus spoke of the UNREPENTING CITIES. This shows us that there are SEVERE CONSEQUENCES on not repenting of our sins, and continuing to live a SINFUL LIFE.
I know of the FALSE TEACHING that tells you that since Jesus died for all, we do not have to repent at all, we do not even have to ask for forgiveness, and we also do not have to change our way of life.
But this is found NOWHERE in the Bible. In fact THOSE WHO PREACH THIS ARE LEADING THEIR FLOCK STRAIGHT TO HELL. And if they do not repent they will receive their judgment.
Now let us see WHAT JESUS SAID:
(20) Then He began to DENOUNCE the cities in which most of His miracles were done, BECAUSE THEY DID NOT REPENT.
(21) “WOE to you, Chorazin! WOE to you, Bethsaida! For if the miracles had occurred in Tyre and Sidon which occurred in you, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes. (22) Nevertheless I say to you, it will be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon in the day of judgment than for you.
(23) And you, Capernaum, will not be exalted to heaven, will you? YOU WILL DESCEND TO HADES; for if the miracles had occurred in Sodom which occurred in you, it would have remained to this day. (24) Nevertheless I say to you that it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for you.”
So again I call on you. DON’T THROW AWAY your chances to receive an eternal life.
God is a LOVING GOD so He provided a way for you to live. But God is also a JUST GOD and in His JUST JUDGMENT He has to PUNISH SIN.
Your sins are screaming for His judgment and if you REFUSE TO BELIEVE in Jesus, the full punishment will come down on you in the end.
I want you to FOLLOW JESUS and SERVE MY GOD Who is so loving that HE WANTS TO FORGIVE YOU.
Do you SURRENDER to Him?
People cannot continue to live in sin after repentance if they want to live, for the wages of sin is death.
People also cannot do anything about this in their own strength to not receive death as result of their sins, for it is the gift of God, through Jesus Christ our Lord.
For THE WAGES OF SIN IS DEATH;
but the GIFT OF GOD is ETERNAL LIFE
through Jesus Christ our Lord.