Psalms 127:1 NASB
Unless the Lord builds the house,
They labor in vain who build it;
Unless the Lord guards the city,
The watchman keeps awake in vain.
“It’s all up to you!” That’s the prevailing mindset for high achievers in our world.
“By your own will power you can speak things into existing” is what we hear the false preachers of the prosperity gospel say.
But it is absolutely wrong!
Our efforts to build, are ultimately in vain if the Lord doesn’t bless them.
And for sure You cannot speak anything into existence that creation power is only available to God!
They may flourish for a time under our intense efforts, but if the plans and the construction of great things is not from the Lord, they will not stand the test of time.
You may be misled enough to even try to speak something into existence, but you will realize soon enough that you just are not able to do so.
- Ask God to forgive you for trying to make everything happen by your own efforts and relentless work.
- Admit that God can do far more to advance your work for His Kingdom than all your worry and fretfulness could ever do.
- Admit that you are completely dependent of Him in all aspects of your life
- Ask God to take the lead in every aspect of your life.
- Ask God to defeat you in efforts not in harmony with His will.
- Ask God to empower those efforts which will bring glory to Him.
- Ask God to empower those efforts which will bring others closer to Him.
Read more of these messages at: https://devotionals.harryschoemaker.nl
Download your Bible pictures from http://bijbelplaatjes.nl
follow me on Twitter: @schoemakerharry