⁶Who (God) will render to each person
according to his deeds
¹¹For there is no partiality with God.
Man, whose eyes have been opened by the Holy Spirit, has learned to see who he is: a corrupt sinner.
He has come to know the glory of Him who came to destroy the corruptible, and to plant in us a new sanctified life, through faith in His all-sufficient self-sacrifice.
- It cannot be otherwise, but such a redeemed man will find his life too short, to show in works of grateful love and devotion, how he is the property of Him who bought him with his blood.
- It cannot be otherwise, but such a redeemed one will also guard himself against the quibbling of those who say that a man is impotent, and dead in trespasses, and therefore cannot do works for which God appreciates. (Do we perhaps hear the man with the one talent speak there, to induce us to bury our talent in the earth as well?)
Working to justify himself will not be found with a bornagain Christian, but the fruits of the new life will unmistakably accompany the new man through his life. And who shall determine the blessing which again, as the fruit of these works for the glory of God, falls back upon our inner man?
Let us look soberly at the things of the Kingdom.
- Not THAT we confess with our mouth saves us from sin,
- Not THAT we have sown with our pen ensures our eternal salvation,
- Not THAT we have worked with our hands makes us pleasing to the Lord.
But WHAT JESUS ACCOMPLISHED FOR US at Calvary, and our faith in Him
For BY GRACE you have been saved through faith; and that NOT OF YOURSELVES, it is the GIFT of God (Ephesians 2:8)
We must “BELIEVE in the Lord Jesus, and we will be saved” (Acts 16:31 NASB )
⁹If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; ¹⁰for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation. ¹¹For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes in Him will not be disappointed.” (Romans 10:9-11 NASB)
Only in the Christ you are saved.
□ ■ □
Read more of these messages at: https://devotionals.harryschoemaker.nl
Download your Bible pictures from: http://bijbelplaatjes.nl
Follow me on Twitter: @schoemakerharry